1 day ago
Why do we love boondocking?
We mostly stayed in campgrounds in the beginning of our travels but the more we traveled, the more we discovered how much we love boondocking! Boondocking is when you are staying off the grid, without water, electric or sewer connections. Here’s why we love it:
1. It’s free! Campground price can range from $10-$120 a night (depending on the location and amenities of course) but since boondocking is free, we are saving a ton of money!
2. Location, location, location- Since we are not limited to campgrounds locations, we can find places that are really close to wherever we want to be, like near a city or a store or a park, or with an awesome view. Like this place that is so gorgeous and is 10 min away from the entrance to Zion National Park!
3. More room! Boondocking usually means you have way more room and you’re not so close to your neigbor like in a campground. Plus, kids can run around and play more freely.
4. Connect with nature- When we boondock in National Forests or on BLM lands we get to really be out there and enjoy all the nature around us. The kids love playing outside and make up games with sticks, rocks, digging holes or whatever natural resources the boondocking location provides.
5. Time to relax - being off the grid really allow you to disconnect from all the noise and distractions our world has and reconnect with your family, your body and your mind.
6. We especially like to boondock with friends since you can create your little neighborhood (without the HOA!) and choose your neighbors. ✨
We research and find potential locations to boondock in @campendium app and AllStaye app and verify them on Google Earth. We than scout them with the Jeep before heading in with the RV.
I hope I was able to convince you to at least try boondocking. You might love it more than you think. ✨
GPS coordinates for this awesome boondocking location near east Zion National Park: (37.2541720, -112.7694240)
Why do you like boondocking? Or let me know if you have any other questions!