3 hours ago
Vegan Recipe of The Day
Creator Tagged In Photo
Food & 📸by: @plantbased_matters .
Kale and Oven-Roasted Chipotle Potatoes with Coconut Bacon!
It's time to introduce you to an another product from @pimp.my.salad 💁♂️💁♀️ Today, we're featuring their "Coconut Bacon" 🥓 It's smokey and has a hint of sweetness which complements the spiciness of chipotle 🔥 It's versatile enough to be breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner 😜 Don't worry, the recipe also works without the coconut bacon if it isn't available in you area. .
• 2 (about 1 pound) Yukon gold potatoes, small diced • 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil • 1 tsp chipotle powder • 1 tsp salt • 8 ounces (1 bunch) kale, stem removed and chopped • 2 garlic cloves, minced • 1/4 cup water (more if needed) • 1/4 tsp black pepper • 1/2 lime (about 1 tbsp) lime juice • Pimp My Salad Coconut Bacon (optional) .
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Meanwhile, in a prep bowl, combine potatoes, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, chipotle powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss them.
3. In a sheet pan, spread out the potatoes into a single layer. Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes into baking, toss them and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
4. While potatoes are baking, start cooking kale. Heat up a frying pan at medium heat. Sauté garlic in 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for 1 minute.
5. Add kale and season with 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper. Add water to help the kale to cook down and to get tender. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on your desired texture.
6. Once the potatoes are baked, transfer to the frying pan to combine with the kale. Give a quick toss.
7. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice and top it with coconut bacon (optional.)