4 hours ago
First Time Using My Passport!
International travel is a must! Go explore the world. This is how I prepared:
1. Called my phone company to let them know I was traveling. I didn’t know I’ve been paying for an international plan all this time.
2. Notify my bank or credit card company that I’m planning a trip outside the country. Side note: Have cash on you! If the country accepts USD, great! If not, currency exchange!
3. Download all the apps I need! Translation apps, currency conversions, airline app, Whatsapp, etc.
4. Get Global Entry!
5. Make sure I met the visa or passport requirements.
6. The country may not have Uber or Lyft so rent a car. Some may require an international driving permit.
7. Personally, checking in bags for international flights is a hell no for me! I need my bag with me. Carry on thanks!
8. They don’t sell ecostyler or wetline gel sis! If you need to, scoop some in a 4oz container along with shampoo and conditioner! I’ve put mine in a ziplock bag before 🤷🏾♀️ Depending on the activities planned, you may need to wash your hair!
9. Cellphone data service was available but not so good! Know where the nearest internet cafes are and use a VPN!
10. Lastly, learn a bit of the language before you go!Practice! Know the basics: Ordering food, Asking for directions, Asking for medical help, Asking for a restroom, etc.