1 week ago
Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in Africa, Botswana has a landscape like no other. It is home to the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta. That coupled with its majestic wildlife, natural wonders and warm locals makes it a place to visit.
Here are 7 facts about the country:
1. Botswana’s capital is Gabarone. It is known for its game reserves, Kgale Hill, art and cultural displays.
2. Botswana has the largest elephant population on the continent. Travellers say the best place to see them is at Chobe National Park. The park is known for their large herds of elephants.
3. The Okavango Delta is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is best described as a vast inland river delta in northern Botswana and known for its sprawling grassy plains. June to August is the best time to visit as many animals migrate.
4. Botswana is approximately the size of France, but has only 2 million people living in the country, compared to France’s 66.9 million.
5. If you hoping to see two African countries at once then Botswana is the place to go. The border between Botswana and Zambia spans just 150 meters, making it the shortest border in the world.
6. Botswana has the richest diamond mine by value in the world. They produce about 17,7% of the total world production of diamonds. The Jwaneng Diamond Mine is located in the Southern part of Botswana. The meaning of Jwaneng is “place of small stones”’.
7. Botswana is not the cheapest tourist destination to travel to. However, their policy is “High quality, low impact”. So when going there, you will not find yourself amidst hundreds of other tourists and can still enjoy a feeling of exclusivity. Did you know that Botswana was nominated by Loney Planet as a top travel destination? We also think Botswana is a unique travel destinations.
Sumber : Iol.co.za
#travel #Travelgram #traveling #Travelphotography #travelling #travelblogger #traveler #traveller #travelingram #traveltheworld #travelblog #travels #traveladdict #travellife #travelphoto #travelpicsdaily #traveldiaries #tripfact #travelawesome #travelpic #travelers #travelstoke #travelgirl #traveldiary #traveldeeper #trip #travellers #travelph #trips