2 months ago
This weekend I celebrated my gorgeous boyfriend’s birthday with a surprise lunch! 🥳🍰 I cooked:
1. Jollof rice, this is a typical West African party/celebratory favourite. For those who don’t know, it’s a mildly spicy or very spicy rice cooked in a tomato stew. The stew consists of tomato purée, plum tomatoes, onions, scotch bonnet, mixed bell peppers, bay leaves and various seasonings). Ps. J rice tends to be more orange than mine was today but I didn’t have enough tomato purée 😂. I also added some Maggi liquid seasoning and dark soy sauce to the rice whilst it cooked.
2. Stew- ingredients listed above
3. Chicken legs seasoned with all purpose seasoning, everyday seasoning, chicken cubes, thyme and garlic powder.
4. Honey-BBQ chicken drumsticks & thighs- seasoned with pepper, salt, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning, BBQ sauce and a generous amount of honey.
5. Egg salad- lettuce, carrots, red onions, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, rocket, hard boiled egg.
6. Prawn and duck spring rolls (courtesy of Iceland) 😂
We had chocolate tray cake (courtesy of Sainsburys lol)
Needless to say my belly is full!! And it’s going to be full again tomorrow as we are going out for a Father’s Day meal tomorrow. But I’m glad to say we all loved the food!
If you want further details on how I made any of these dishes feel free to message me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x
#cookingwithtobs #food #nigerian #jollofrice #chicken #salad #stew #tasty #homemade #africandishes #tasty #fresh #foodie