1 month ago
Post two of our photo series ♡ ————————————-
Pictured from left to right, the brilliant talents of Char Sundust, Sabrina N’diaye and Dr. Tara Shelby; Spirit guides, healers, storytellers and peacebuilders. —————————————
Here, the group was learning ‘Soft Belly Breathing,’ a technique that increases somatic awareness and self compassion. —————————————
1. Sit in a comfy position on the floor or in a chair. Close your eyes. Take a few long breaths. Inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth.
2. As your breath flows in, feel it move down into your belly. As your breath flows out, let your belly be effortless.
3. On your inhale, think “soft,” allowing your belly to receive your breath.
4. On the exhalation, think “belly,” letting go of any holding and resistance.
5. Inhale, “soft.” Exhale, “belly.”
6. Since our belly is one of our emotional centers, when we soften it, a variety of feelings, thoughts, images and memories may bubble up. Welcome all that rises and falls. If you find yourself in conversation with a thought or feeling, simply acknowledge that observation, meet yourself kindly, and draw your mind gently back to the flow of your breath. ♡