2 minutes ago
Ashes and Fire, iTunes.
I went on a Ryan Adams hiatus after Follow the Lights. I didn’t pick up Cardinology, III/IV, or Orion (which I’ve heard is absolutely horrible). So after reading about this album for weeks and weeks after it’s release I finally picked it up. I think it’s one of his best, despite having a couple of songs I could do without.
1. Dirty Rain: Such a good song. I tried to make a Ryan Adams playlist after I bought this album. I decided I’m terrible at putting together playlists, because I added just about every song on this album.
2. Ashes and Fire: I really love this song. It’s like a bear hug.
3. Come Home: Three songs in. So far so good.
4. Rocks: Sounds a bit like a summer chill out.
5. Do I Wait: I love this one, it’s so good. All I have to do is hear those first few chords. I get so lost in it. If I ever get lost in space I hope I have this song playing in my earpiece as I drift away.
6. Chains of Love: I really like this one.
7. Invisible Riverside: Whew, that chorus. This whole album has a warmth to it that I don’t think we find on any of his other albums. Those spacey guitar riffs too.
8. Save Me: Its pretty good. I think maybe it runs a little long.
9. Kindness: This is my least favorite on the album.
10. Lucky Now: “I don’t remember, were we wild and young, all that’s faded into memory. I feel like somebody I don’t know. Are we really who we used to be? Am I really who I was?”
11. I Love You But I Don’t Know What To Say: This one is alright. It’s a little too slow for me.
12. Star Sign: I like this, it’s kinda spacey. This is listed as a bonus track, but I’m pretty sure I just downloaded the standard version not the deluxe (son).