41 minutes ago
Coming at you today with a delicious strawberry rhubarb super muffin (because I’m still drowning in rhubarb and need about 1000 different ideas of how to use it 😂) 🌱
Muffins are great to make with kids since they are easy. My daughter loves to dump the ingredients in the bowl after I’ve measured each ingredient. She also loves to snack on the berries while we are creating the recipe...I guess this is one way to get your kids to eat more fruits and vegetables 🤣
I created this recipe so let me know what you think! ——————————————————————
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 cup rhubarb, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and either line muffin tins with liners or grease muffin tins with oil
2. In a large bowl mix together almond flour, all purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, flax meal, and chia seeds. Mix.
3. In another bowl mix together egg, coconut oil, and buttermilk
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together.
5. Add the strawberries and rhubarb and fold together.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tins until they are 2/3 full
7. Top with additional diced strawberries and rhubarb if desired.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min. Let them cool before removing them from the tin.
#rhubarb #strawberryrhubarb #bakingwithkids #kidsinthekitchen #rainydayactivity #goodmoodfood #highfiber #inthekitchen #eatwellfeelwell #recipeshare #recipetesting #thecookfeed