44 minutes ago
Let’s celebrate the (un)official start of summer this weekend with my new go-to summer dessert - Lemon Bourbon Blueberry Slab Pie! This is my classic pie recipe sized up to feed a crowd (but is just as easy, I promise!). See the recipe for this creation below... and the recipe for the more my original pie in profile 😜 Happy Friday, y’all!
• 3 pie crusts, either store-bought or homemade
• 36oz blueberries, fresh or frozen (that have been thawed and drained)
• 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons corn starch • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Juice from 1/2 a lemon
• 2 tablespoons bourbon
• One egg + a splash of water beaten together
• Coarse sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take two of the pie crusts and lay them on top of each other. Roll them out to make a large rectangle that will fill the bottom and sides of a 9x13 rimmed baking sheet.
3. Place the crust in the greased rimmed baking sheet, patch any cracks, and either roll or crimp the edges. Place baking sheet in the freezer.
4. Take the third pie crust and cut out stars using a star shaped cookie cutter. You can use any size you wish - I used big ones because I loved the look of them! Pop the stars on a plate and place in the freezer until you’re ready to assemble.
5. Combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, lemon juice, and bourbon. Stir together until no traces of sugar or cornstarch are visible.
6. Remove the crust from the freezer and fill with the blueberries mixture. Remove the stars from the freezer and arrange them over the blueberry mixture. Brush egg wash over pie crust edges and stars and then sprinkle over coarse sugar.
7. Bake the slab pie in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden and the blueberries are bubbly!
8. Cool slightly before serving!