4 hours ago
🌱Orange Pound Cake🌱 .
🥄 175 gm (3/4 cups ) unsalted butter, at room temperature . -
🥄 175 gm (1 cup) granulated sugar. 🥄 3 large eggs, at room temperature . .
🥄 zest of two oranges .
🥄 200gm ( 1 cup 3/4 ) all-purpose flour .
🥄 1/2 teaspoon baking powder .
🥄 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt .
🥄 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice( from 2 oranges) .
🥄 1 teaspoon Orange liquor or pure vanilla extract .
🍊Simple orange syrup🍊 (optional):
- 1/2 cup sugar .
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice . -
* Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. .
* Cream the butter and the granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. With the mixer on medium speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the orange zest. .
* In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the orange juice , orange liquor or vanilla. Add the flour and the orange juice alternately to the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean. . -
🍊Simple orange syrup : -
While the cake bake, cook 1/2 cup of granulated sugar with 1/2 cup orange juice in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. When the cake is done spoon the orange syrup over the cake ( see stories 👆🏼) and allow the cake to cool completely. .
* Wrap well, and store in the refrigerator .
I also added to mine 1/4 cup of ricotta , 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of walnuts .
#orangepoundcake #oranges #cake #lobellevie