7 hours ago
Good Evening folks,
Hope you've been having a good time.
I've got international news recap for you here.
1. The world’s most infamous cartel boss Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was found guilty in a US court on Tuesday of operating a criminal enterprise after an 11-week trial. Guzman, 61, now faces a possible sentence of life in prison. US prosecutors said he trafficked tons of cocaine, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine into the United States over more than two decades, consolidating his power in Mexico through murders and wars with rival cartels.
2. 97-year-old Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, has voluntarily given up his driving license after a crash last month.
Philip escaped without injury on January 17 when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a collision with a car close to the royals' Sandringham residence in eastern England. The other driver and her passenger sustained injuries.
3. The funeral of Emiliano Sala who died in a plane crash over the English Channel is set to take place in Argentina. His funeral is taking place in his hometown of Progreso from 7am local time. Sala's body was recovered from the wreckage on 7 February but Mr Ibbotson remains missing, with funds being raised to continue the search for the 59-year-old pilot from Lincolnshire.
4. An artificial intelligence system developed by Elon Musk's OpenAI organisation is too dangerous to be released. The group believes it could be used to impersonate others online and generate misleading news articles and also automate the production of abusive or fakes content to post on social media, as well as the production of spam and phishing content.
5. Disgraced former US cardinal Theodore McCarrick has been expelled from the Roman Catholic priesthood following allegations against him, including sexual abuse of minors. These allegations date back to decades ago. He has become the highest profile church figure to be dismissed from the priesthood in modern times.
#internationalnews #internationalnewsrecap #foreignnews #aviation #aviationinnigeria #nigerianaviation #loversofaviation #maman #mamanaviation