20 minutes ago
20% of humans and animals are HSP (highly sensitive person). Our nervous systems are actually wired differently than the other 80%. Our senses our heightened--so, sounds are louder, colours are brighter--and we feel and process things very deeply. We're very empathic but at times (even with the tools to deal with it) the outer world can be abrasive. In a patriarchal culture that has no reverence for the feminine (in us all) and any of Her attributes: sensitivity, vulnerability, emotionality, interconnection, interrelation etc...that world can become even more abrasive or at the very least, one where an HSP can feel very undervalued.
Imagine a different world that would honour both the masculine AND the feminine (in their divine forms). I imagine that it would look at a sensitive person that might have just made a remark about the florescent lighting being too bright, or the sound of city traffic being too loud, and say, "Wow, how wonderful that you are that sensitive." Meaning: that sensitivity would in fact be correlated with a gift rather than a weakness.
Because the truth is that nurtured sensitivity creates the perfect environment for empathy, compassion, open-heartedness, intuition, wisdom...I'm not saying that non HSP's can't also do this--of course they can! But in a culture that see's sensitivity as a weakness, we all lose out from the opportunity to cultivate our gifts of empathy, tenderness, vulnerability, intuition and unconditional love.
Part of inviting the divine feminine back into our lives requires us to redefine much of what the patriarchy has strongly judged/defined as "bad," "weak," "negative" etc. We all need to embrace our FULL humanity a lot more, and make way for finding safety within an OPEN heart, once more. Not a closed, competitive, greedy...I can't even call it, heart... How would things look different if we stopped judging our humanity? How would things look different if we didn't make shy kids feel bad for being shy and instead noticed that they are perhaps just more sensitive and take longer to FEEL into a situation before they enter into it? How would things look different if...cont.⬇️ #acceptance #humanity #divinefeminine