2 days ago
EASY CHOCO-BANANA BARS🍫🍌
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces, 8 tablespoons) butter, melted (I use salted butter)
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 18 ounces, 4 medium bananas)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounces) natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside. I use a metal baking pan for this recipe; a glass baking pan may require additional baking time.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, buttermilk (or sour cream), and mashed bananas. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no dry streaks remain (don't overmix).
- Scoop half of the batter into a second bowl (about 20-22 ounces of batter if you are weighing your ingredients). Add the cocoa powder to this bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Spread the chocolate batter in the prepared pan. It will be a thin layer but should cover the bottom of the pan.
- Dollop the banana bread batter in large spoonfuls over the top and spread in an even layer across the chocolate batter.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips across the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the bars are puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (but not wet batter). The top should spring back lightly to the touch when pressed.
Thank you for the recipe from @melskitchencafe
#banana #bars #healthybar #bananabread #breakfast
#bananacake #chocolate #chocolatecake #healthyrecipe #food #foodpics #cooking #breakfasttime #breakfastclub #sunday #sundaybrunch #brunch #bakingisfun #delish #yummy #foodie #foodporn #foodphotography #foodblogger #recipe #mealprep #eeeeeats #bakinglove #foodgasm #kombucha