1 month ago
‘Spanglish’ Grilled Cheese *named after the ‘Spanish Grilled Cheese’ at @pamplona_va , but mine uses American bacon instead of Spanish Serrano ham 😜
Ingredients (makes 3 sandwiches):
- 6 slices of the bread of your choice (I used slices of rosemary olive oil bread)
- 6 pieces of bacon - 6 slices of cheese (I used regular American cheese this time but I think a mild white cheese would be great)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Honey for drizzling
1. Fry the bacon in a pan or bake in the oven until crisp but not burnt. When done, cut each piece of bacon in half.
2. Heat a griddle or large pan over medium heat.
3. We’re already ready to assemble the sandwiches! On each of the bottom 3 slices of bread, lay 4 halves of bacon. Top with 2 slices of cheese on each, and top with the second piece of bread. Drizzle the tops with honey (about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey on each).
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on the griddle or pan. Once it’s melted, put all 3 sandwiches honey-side down. This will create a crunchy sweet crust on the bread! Be careful to watch the sandwiches as the honey can burn pretty quickly.
5. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown on the bottom (should be about 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and drizzle the other sides with honey. At the same time, melt the final 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan and replace the sandwiches uncooked-side down. Cook until the bottom is also golden brown and the cheese is melty. Remove from pan, slice in half, and serve immediately while hot!
#recipes #food #lunch #dinner #snack #grilledcheese #grilled #cheese #spanish #spanglish #bacon