1 hour ago
Heads You Win (But I Do Too), Tails You Win (But I Do Too)
Negotiating in business isn’t easy. And I’m not a great negotiator. When I’m not great at something, I find somebody else who is, somebody who has the company’s best interests in mind. Here’s what I learnt from that skilled person who negotiates on our behalf:
1. Stay firm, don’t be shaken.
2. Keep your body straight, your head high.
3. Stay comfortable, operate from a good zone.
4. Show enthusiasm and interest, not the overly pretentious type.
5. Speak confidently, your voice loud enough to be heard by at least two others at the back.
6. Speak in the local language of the opposite side, if they have one and if you can speak it.
7. Smile, laugh, be humorous.
8. Hear the opposite side completely, try not to interrupt.
9. Play the trust card, everybody loves to be trusted.
10. Don’t keep a fixed number, be flexible. Offer a little more. Once you do, the opposite side will give you back just as much, qualitatively and quantitatively.
11. Be respectful, never disrespect the opposite side.
12. Be honest, easier to cover the truth than a hundred lies.
13. Reinforce positive thoughts, highlight an optimistic future.
14. Give oral words just as much significance as ones put down on paper.
15. State facts, not stories.
16. Get fired up, motivation closes deals.
17. Eye contact is key.
18. Incorporate goodwill gestures like a drink or a gift.
19. Use powerful words, words that the opposite side can relate to.
20. Bring your best, not your 76.78%. #negotiation #words #speak #nomore #getit #doit #justdoit #ontop #ontopoftheworld #bringiton #bringit #allornothing #youvegotthis #showthem #inspired #motivated #goingup #positivevibes #positivity #imcoming #challenge #learning #getbetter #greatness #overcome #begood #staystrong #confidence #igotthis #watchme