2 days ago
🍋 Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins 🍋
◽1 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, I use @bobsredmill
◽2/3 cup vanilla protein powder, I use Shakeology (click the link in my bio for more info)
◽ 3/4 cup organic granulated cane sugar
◽ 1/2 tbsp baking powder, I use Bob's Red Mill here too
◽1/4 tsp baking soda, Bob's Red Mill here too!
◽1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
◽2 tbsp poppy seeds
◽3/4 cups buttermilk (you can make your own by mixing 3/4 milk of choice with 1 tbsp white vinegar)
◽1/4 cup lemon juice
◽1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
◽1 free range egg
◽1 tsp vanilla
◽1 tbsp lemon zest
◽1 cup plain Greek yogurt
◽3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with 8 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, protein, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds until evenly combined. Make a well in the center and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, lemon juice, egg, vanilla, lemon zest until combined. Add in the melted coconut oil and whisk until combined. 4. 4. Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
5. Scoop batter into your prepared muffin tin and fill right to the top of the muffin liner. Place on the top rack of your oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
6. Mix the yogurt and protein powder together, and drizzle on muffins. May need to be thinned with a bit of milk depending on what type of yogurt you use. .