2 hours ago
Progress is slow, but it's getting there. Sorry for the low-quality pics, lack of posts and the "dusty" water (just finished a 50% water change and there's still a little silt in the water)
Meet Dusty (Peppered Corydoras), Blip and Alba (Angel fish), the original residents returned to the tank.
The Angels are a little grumpy because they just got moved from their holding tank and I messed up a little on the way, but they're alright (nagging me for food and happily eating now as I type).
The tank won't be done for at least another month or 2 as I get the rest of the plants and they grow in, but that just gives me time to get and quarantine the rest of the fish (including more peppered cories). I plan on having 4 species in here total (unless you wanna count the 2 angels as different species rather than breeds, than 5), at least for the first year or 2.
#aquariumhobby #aquascaping #aquariumupdate #fishtankupdate #aquaticgarden
Plants so far (forgive me but some of these I only had the shortened or common names for):
▪ Cyperus Helferi (tissue culture grown)
▪ "Purple Temple" (from memory, that's telempretha or something right? I've had it growing in my shrimp tank for at least 2 years now)
▪ Crypts (not sure what strain, they came with the tank and fish)
▪ Anubius Nana Petite (at least, we think it's that strain, same story as the crypts)
▪ "Tricolour Lotus" (this one I'm not entirely sure on, I bought it at the same time and place as the helferi, but it was in with their shrimp tank with no other labels and has already had a fith of its growth melt back) ▪ plastic/"silk" plant to give a bit of hiding space until all the plants grow in
I still plan on getting 5 or 6 more species of plants, include some carpeting species and some taller species