10 minutes ago
I could live on only noodles for the rest of my life... especially if they’re loaded with vegetables and tofu, like this stir fried japchae!
I love this type of green cauliflower, it’s so much crunchier than the white kind. For a heartier taste, I used eggplants and sliced bamboo shoots seasoned with fermented soybean, and added some fried tofu puffs!
Cauliflower Eggplant Japchae 🍆
🕑: 30 mins
Half a head of cauliflower
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, mashed
2 Chinese eggplants
1 bamboo shoot, sliced
Fermented soybean paste (doenjang)
Mirin (or sugar)
- Stir fry the cauliflower, garlic, and onion on medium heat until lightly browned
- Set aside, then add the eggplants and bamboo (no need to add more oil)
- Add doenjang, soy sauce, mirin, and water, then simmer until the eggplant is cooked (no longer white inside)
- Add the cauliflower back in
- In a pot, boil the japchae noodles for 5 ish mins, until cooked
- Drain and rinse Witt cold water, then toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds
- Make a well in the cauliflower and eggplants, then add in the noodles and fry them to get rid of excess liquid
- Stir thoroughly, using the noodles to pick up any residue on the bottom of the pan (the good stuff 👌)
- Top with spring onions!