7 hours ago
It’s Friday let’s go Coconuts 🌴
Get your bake on this weekend with my Macaroons!
This makes about 18-20
• 6 egg whites
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• ½ cup of honey
• 3 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
• 1 tablespoon of Vanilla essence
• ½ large bar of Green and blacks 85 % is my preference but any choc good.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• Pre heat your oven to 180
• Whisk together the egg whites and salt ,you want it to form stiff peaks - use an electric whisk. I’ve done this by hand & it’s takes a while!
• Add in the honey & vanilla continue to whisk it all through evenly
• Now fold in the desiccated coconut, one cup at a time and make sure it’s evenly mixed through
• Line a baking tray with parchment baking paper
• Drop heaped tablespoons of mix onto the paper to get fairly even macaroons, •Pat them into shape with your fingers, little mounds of yum.
• Bake for approx 15/16 mins or until lightly golden brown
• Let them cool off for 10 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or on a plate.
• Mix your chocolate & coconut oil either microwave it to melt together or I melt it up in a bowl over hot water.
• Drizzle it over your macaroons as desired or not as they are tasty either way!
Perfect treat or even a little handmade gift
Macros per macaroon (with chocolate topping):
Protein: 2.9 g
#RealNutrition #Macaroons #recipe #glutenfree #coconuts #baking #chocolate #vegetarian #treatyoself